Shopping in Oaxaca is a truly eye-opening experience. The incredible magnitude of high quality, hand-made arts and crafts is almost overwhelming. Everywhere you go there are shops, open air markets, street vendors and artisan craft markets. Local artists may set up shop anywhere in the central city.
Oaxaca is quite a bit different than most Mexican cities. While you will can find some fancy boutiques and high end jewelry stores, there is no high-end shopping mall like in other Mexican tourist cities.
Colón 220, 514-68168
Plaza del Valle L- E23, 514-5826
5 de Mayo 417, 513-4748
M. Alcalá 403, 516-4089
Gifts & Crafts
You will find many gifts and artisan crafts in Oaxaca. The black pottery and brightly colored wooden animal carvings, from nearby villages are especially popular.
Hand carved wooden and colorful ceramic masks can be found in abundance along with elaborate originals of the ceramic “Tree of Life” which is said to have originated in Oaxaca.
García Vigil 809, 514-0861
Matamoros 105, 516-5062
M. Alcalá 307 L-9, Upstairs, 516-6160
M. Alcalá 403 516-4528
Healthy – Beauty – Exercise
- Aurobic’s Fitness Gym…Aerobics – Weights – Tai-chi – Cardiovascular Workout Constitución 300
- Calipso Fitness Center…Aerobics – Weights – Stretching – Kick Boxing – Lockers – Cafeteria – Boutique – Parking w/Car Wash Colegio Militar 321
- Magic Nails…The Art of Your Hands – Nails Only – Manicure – Pedicure – Porcelain, Gel and Acrylic Nails – Call for appointment. Amapolas 718
- Renacer…Soothing traditional massage – Temazcal Indigenous Steam Baths & Massage – Facials and other salon specialties. Baja del Sabino 300
San Felipe del Agua 520-1716
- Temazcal Indigenous Steam Baths & Massage…Relive the traditional indigenous culture in an extraordinary manner. Special combination of massage techniques, aroma therapy, celestial music and spiritual sensitivity. Reforma St. 402
- Vissage…Hair design and cuts for men and women – Color – Tints – Facials – Acne Treatments – Manicure and Pedicure. Porfirio Díaz 321-C