Oaxaca has a plethora of side trips for vacationers to take part on. Many of the side trips are close to Oaxaca, which makes them fairly easy to access.
Oaxaca Side Trips by location
This list of Oaxaca side trips groups them together by distance and direction from Oaxaca.
Side Trips to the South of Oaxaca
- San Bartolo Coyotepec -7 ½ miles south of Oaxaca on highway 175.
- Ocotlán de Morelos – 20 miles south of Oaxaca on highway 175.
Side Trips east of Oaxaca
- Santa María El Tule -Only 5 miles east of Oaxaca on highway 190
- Teotitlán del Valle - 17 miles east of Oaxaca along highway 190
- Yagul - 20 miles east Oaxaca
- Mitla - 30 miles east of Oaxaca
Side Trips west of Oaxaca
- Monte Albán – 5 miles west of Oaxaca
- Arrazola - 8 miles from Oaxaca, Near Monte Albán
- Atzompa - about 3 miles from Oaxaca, near Monte Alban
Oaxaca Side Trips by Activities
This list provides a summary of each side trip, as well as grouping it with other similar trips.
Goods, Trinkets, and Shopping
Many of these villages have specialty goods that they sell.
- Arrazola - Wood carving village
- Atzompa - Green glazed pottery
- Ocotlán de Morelos - Massive Market
- San Bartolo Coyotepec – Black Pottery
Oaxaca Cultural centers
Miscellaneous Side Trips
Santa María El Tule – Santa María El Tule is rumored in the region to be the “biggest tree in the world.”